Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Say it isn't so.....

This just in.......

Tuesday July 1, 4:26 pm ET
SEATTLE (AP) -- Starbucks Corp. has announced it's closing 600 underperforming stores in the United States.
The Seattle-based premium coffee company also announced Tuesday it expects to open fewer than 200 new company-operated stores in the United States in fiscal 2009.
The company says it will try to place workers from closed stores in remaining Starbucks.


I have a very bad feeling that my neighborhood Starbucks may be on the "store to close" list. I feel a deep depression coming on......

After waiting for three years for my sweet little store to open, (literally a five minute walk from my front door to theirs) I can't even imagine life without it. I don't even go that often anymore. It's just the idea that I CAN go. Okay, so I went today and planned to go tomorrow. I have a very generous gift card to spend and I was planning on having a blast doing it, too!

Woe is me. Feel free to pray if so led. :)

Julianne

2 comments:

Alana said...

I hope for your sake that doesn't happen!

Glad you liked my 100 things...I love to do the stream of consciousness thing...it can be pretty interesting to see how the brain works ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a bummer!

I wonder if any of the 4 in our tiny town are on the chop?

I mean 4 in our small town is ridiculous, so apparently they were a bit overzealous in their building.