Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Inaugural Blog

This being my first ever attempt at blogging, I’m feeling a little pressure. Not that anyone (other than my mother) is going to be reading this, but still! I’ve always wished for a place to vent my thoughts, feelings and ideas, hoping someday to be a newspaper columnist. No sense waiting around for the dailies to come callin’, I’ve taken matters into my own hands. Now for something pithy to say to the world….

For weeks now, things would happen in my life and I would think “this would make a great blog entry, if I had a blog!” (Many of my dear friends and family members are blogging and reading their blogs now takes about an hour of my day. They have the best and most creative ideas!) Now I have a blog and don’t have the foggiest idea where to start.

Here, I’ll begin with ideas for possible future blogs:
1) Favorite book as a child – great story to go with it, too
2) What happened on my last birthday
3) Funny story from my trip to a local bakery in Georgia or "I want to be Rachel Ray"
4) My obsession with word games on Facebook
5) Current favorite food to cook
6) My Starbucks order
7) Recent good reads
8) What number SPF do you use?
9) Going to the movies with teenagers
10) How to Organize a Home – not a “How To” exactly, more like a “How to?”

I’ll give it a few days and see which one seems like the best idea. Mom, feel free to vote for your favorite!

Have a great day in the LORD!
Julianne

4 comments:

cruisingrammy said...

Congrats on becoming a blogger!..Great job! Looking forward to much more fun reading.

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am so glad to welcome you to the blog world!

Here is my thought on the How to? organize a house thing....

If you lose a cordless phone during the great room swap of 2008, press the find button the day you lose it. Or it might be lost for almost a month!

Alana said...

Hey there! Jen emailed me your link! You are going to love blogging...such a fun outlet.

#5,6,&8 are my favorites!

Janelle said...

Welcome to blog land!! I am really excited to read more from Aunt Julie!!