Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Blog?

Well, it's now 2009 and I haven't posted a new entry in two months. Where does the time go? It's not like life is too boring to report, it's exactly the opposite! Since November 1st:
~ I spent a weekend taking care of six children - by myself
~ My niece gave birth to her twin boys and
~ I got to go visit the new babies and family for a few days
~ We celebrated Thanksgiving
~ Basketball season began
~ I've been sick and had my hair cut - twice
~ December arrived and winter began in earnest
~ My best friend came to visit, shop and watch movies for three days
~ Austin took the ACT test, took his finals and played in 7 basketball games
~ I quit both my jobs
~ Christmas came and went in a flurry of shopping, baking, shipping, wrapping, worshipping and celebrating
~ We rang in the new year amidst a huge group of rowdy high school kids
and finally ....
~I put all the Christmas decorations away.

Whew. Makes me tired just thinking about it!

But now it's January and before the winter doldrums set in, I thought I would jump start the blog.

Tomorrow? New recipe!! We had it for dinner tonight and it was delish!

To all my friends who managed to get through the holidays and still keep up their blogs - my hat is off to you. Take a bow. You kept me laughing and with my sanity intact during a crazy haze of chaos. For that, I thank you.

Julianne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are anxiously awaiting the recipe...Aaron really wants to use the ricer :)