Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm B-a-a-a-a-ck!

For those of you who have been asking me where I've gone - ignoring my blog since early August, let me just say that LIFE IS FULL. It's good, busy, a little chaotic and just plain full.

I've had about 15 major things to blog about - I'm always thinking "hmmm, this is just so bloggable - it is just screaming for a post" but when I finally sit down, I can't put a coherent thought together. Case in point: my son asked me today, "Uhm, Mom, what can you tell me about this bag of potato chips in the fridge?" All I could do was shrug. I didn't bother to tell him that is just one odd thing I've placed in the fridge lately. My personal faves are the stainless steel coffee carafe, full of hot brewed coffee and the cordless phone. What is that all about?

Anyway, everyone is happy & healthy. School is off and running. My baby is a junior in high school and my life is just teenagers all the time. Austin turned 17, we bought him a car, we redid our master bedroom, I started back to work, we bought me a car, Brian's golf course hosted a major PGA golf tournament, the list is endless.

But the most exciting thing to happen to this blog is this I've REDECORATED! Thank you, Celeste, my very creative niece-in-law. Is that a real title? I'd rather just call her a totally cool friend. She is so great and just about the funniest person I know. You can read her hilarious blog if you click HERE. She made my blog look so, well, so ME. :) I heart her. So a big shout out to the uber-cool wife of my sweet nephew, Jamas. (How's that for a title, Cel?)

Now that it looks so fun, I'm planning to get back into sharing my innermost thoughts with the three people who read this. Let me know if you like the new look.

Oh, and happy first day of Autumn!

Julianne

10 comments:

Celeste said...

I'm off to update my resume and business cards with my new titles!

Maybe when I answer the phone at work I'll say, "This is Celeste, uber-cool wife of my aunt-in-law's super sweet nephew!"

Or, "This is Celeste, my husband's aunt's very creative niece-in-law"

Or, "This is Celeste, the funniest person my husband's aunt knows!"

I can't wait to here the shock and awe of the next board member that calls! They will totally promote me once they here my new skillz.

Celeste said...

Oh, and by "here" I meant "hear". I have cr8tive skillz, not no speelin r grammur skillz. I think pruf-readin is 4 wusses.

Alana said...

Yay! Glad you're back! I LOVE your new look. So stinkin' cute!

And remember carafe on the counter, phone on receiver, and chips in the pantry. You could make it your mantra ;-) I only kid because I can relate!

Janelle said...

The other day I was on the phone which is not uncommon and I got in my car and started down the road.

Only to realize that it was my home phone on my ear and not my cell phone.

You are not alone!

Love the new look. She just updated mine, too. She's the best niece EVER!

Anonymous said...

How exciting on the cars and bedroom. Can't wait to see the new decor.

Did you paint too?

Julianne said...

Ladies, your comments this morning started my day with a laugh. Thanks for being my "readers" - notice how I only allow residents of Branson (or surrounding areas) to read my blog. I'm kind of elitist like that.

Jen, no paint yet, but it's planned. It's in the works. We might do it. Some day. Keep in mind this is year 14 of living in this house and we planned to live her for 5 years. We like to take our time. :)

the Schusters said...

Love the new look!! (Makes my blog feel a little frumpy.)

At least you didn't put the milk in the cabinet... (Those things happen to the best of us!!) You'll just have to come up with a really creative reason for the "misplaced" items. (You should take a poll!)

Celeste said...

I think Janelle should win an award for that one!

Julianne said...

I wasn't going to share this, but if we are giving awards, then I have to confess that I too, have driven down our driveway & street with my cordless phone to my ear. "Hello? Hello? Hmmm, that's weird, I don't have a cell signal.....I usually have one here. OH MAN!" *sigh*

And please forgive me, Leah, for excluding my St. Louis area friends as readers. I have more than three now! Yippee!

The Hunters said...

you have me too Julianne! I've been anxiously waiting for a blog update! So happy you are back! I love the new look and think I need one too :)