Monday, August 4, 2008

Affirmation for a Friend

I have a sweet friend. She is going through the trial of a lifetime. She shouldn't be. But she is and she is feeling pretty down on herself. She shouldn't. But she is.
I have a sweet pastor. He is teaching me about affirmation. He likes to tell our flock that life is hard and everyone has more hurts, heartaches & disappointment than we can imagine. And since life can be so hard, we all need more encouragement. So he affirms people publicly. It's really wonderful. At our church, we affirm people who are being baptized, getting married, having a baby, leaving us, having a birthday or anniversary - you get the picture. I love this tradition.
Same pastor, another tradition. He loves A to Z lists. The first one I ever heard him do was the names of Jesus in A to Z format. It's great. He's great. Have I mentioned that?
Back to my sweet friend. I would now like to affirm her publicly. Most of you do not know her and may never meet her. Some of you will meet her in heaven one happy day. Until then, here is an A to Z list of her many qualities. She'll know immediately that this list is about her, so I'm leaving her name a mystery.

A to Z Affirmation of my Sweet Friend

A - amazing
B- beautiful, blingy
C- cheerful, color-coordinated, creative, Cardinal's fan
D- dependable, dorky, diligent
E- esteemed highly, energetic
F- faithful friend, fears the LORD, fashion-conscious
G- glorifies God, giggly, gentle in spirit
H- happy, honest, honorable, hat girl
I- independent, impertinent at times, irrepressible
J- Julianne’s friend, joyful
K- karaoke singer, kind to everyone she meets
L- loving & lovable
M- mother of the year
N- nice, never crabby
O- open book
P- pretty, peaceful, poised, poet
R- rambunctious, rowdy, red lips
S- silly, serene, supportive, singer, steadfast
T- truth teller, trustworthy
U- unbelievably under-appreciated
V- virtuous, victorious in Jesus
W- writer
X- xcellent wife
Y- youthful
Z- zealous for the LORD

Isn't this A to Z list thing fun? Maybe you should go make one!

Blessings,
Julianne

4 comments:

Alana said...

Here's some affirmation for you. You are a great friend to do that for your friend!

Celeste said...

How sweet of you to write about me! hahaha. That's really neat, your friend is lucky to have you. :)

Janelle said...

What a neat idea for a post. Sounds like your friend has and incredible friend...you.

Alana said...

Thanks for your comment on my last post. I needed the encouragement. I'm still plugging away at it...really hoping all my hard work this week pays off! Are you ever going to post again?? ;-)