Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Starbucks Order

When I first began my blogging adventure, I gave a list of options so the three people who read this could vote on what subjects I should cover. Thank you to the one who voted. So I am starting with my favorite Starbucks order. Or three. Depends on the weather and time of day.



Drum roll, please.



1) Venti non-fat one pump vanilla latte, extra hot - this is my normal morning order, all seasons, but don't think for a minute that I go everyday. Once or twice a month is more like it.

2) Grande iced non-fat caramel machiatto, with half the vanilla & caramel - this is my warm weather choice for later in the day

3) Grande or venti (if I'll have access to a ladies room within the hour) coffee Frappuccino. (My husband calls this a "Frapp-a-rip-off" or my personal fave, "Crappaccino". Since he has zero appreciation for anything java related, he has stooped to the all time low of "Crap-a-rip-off", but that is only when he is trying to get a reaction out of me. This is my favorite afternoon pick me up. Great after a day of shopping or wrangling small children.



Now, for home brewing, I have several faves. Right now, I'm brewing either Pike Place Roast or the ever popular summer favorite, Gazebo blend. Mmmmm. Lovely hot or over ice. Another all around winner is Gold Coast. Makes a girl want to brew a pot right now, doesn't it?



After looking over my choices, I think the thing that really hits me is this: I AM A COFFEE DIVA! It's a good thing I don't take myself too seriously or this would be sad. It reminds me of my dearest friend referring to gas station brew as "Peasant Coffee" - that's where I've ended up. Oh, it's too hot, it's too cold, too much foam, not enough syrup, can I have a little cardboard thingy so my dainty fingers don't get burned?



You know that great monologue in the film "You've Got Mail"? The one where Tom Hanks is waxing on about the various Starbucks orders? It's great. If you've never seen it or have more than one child and therefore a serious lack of short term memory, check it out. Oh, and let me know what you like to order when you find yourself face to face with your local barista. I'll put all the orders in a hat and pick one on Friday. Winner gets a $5.00 Starbucks gift card.



Blessings upon you!



Julianne

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you come by your love of coffee by family genes.

Really I am not sure why the family doesn't sell, brew, or roast our own coffee.

I am not sure how the love of coffee missed me, but when I hit the local starbucks it is for a lovely tall hot chocolate.

mmmm mmmm good.

Alana said...

Very fun post...and with a giveaway? You are really starting this blog off right! ;-)

My Starbucks favorites are...

Tall Chai Tea Latte (perfect for a rainy, cold day...almost always have to have one on a day this this).

Also, love a Tall White Chocolate Mocha...but only when I'm feeling really indulgent because they are so sweet!

Honestly, I haven't really learned how to do Starbucks ordering thing yet. I don't add a lot of specifications...always afraid I'm going to order it wrong. Could use a tutorial. Maybe that could be another post idea for you ;-)

Celeste said...

This is what I say the two times I go a year:

"I want that white chocolate or caramel thing, a big one, with ice and decaf"


Can you tell I married into the family?

Janelle said...

Pick me, pick me! What a fun post.

I love me a Peppermint Hot Chocolate at Christmas time.

Or a Caramel Frappachino (decaf) any other time.

May need to go tonight now....

cruisingrammy said...

Love the coffee but gotta go with the Peppermint Hot Cocoa.....Course, David would just have a 'venti--whatever coffee of the day is"

And I'd have to say "pick ME! and keep it to buy yourself one"..LOL

Christini said...

You know me, cruising out the door at 6am, at the starbucks drivethru 2 minutes later for a grande bold coffee of the day with cream! Of course a hot summer day calls for a grande green tea frap, 1/2 the sweet, no whip and a cold, rainy day has to have a grande pumkin or ginger spice latte, 1/2 the sweet!!

the Schusters said...

Am I too late for the drawing???

Sad news... The Starbucks closest to me is closing. Not to worry, there is another close by!

My favorite (and Noah's) is a grande, decaf, non-fat, no whip white mocha. It's really good it you sprinkle some cinnamon on it too!!

The Hunters said...

I would have to agree with leah, except i'm all about the fat, whip cream even like it over ice. I actually just had one and finished it minutes before checking your blog! you are such a great and entertaining writer. LOVE that you have a blog now!