Monday, July 7, 2008

My Family

The family has gathered here in Sarasota ... some still making travel plans, but most of those who are coming to Kimberly's funeral have arrived. We are crammed into the folk's house - it's kind of like a subdued reunion. Subdued and my family don't really go together, so it's a very different vibe than our usual boisterous gatherings.

I love my family. They are workers. If you need something done, it's done. Something researched? It's Googled in seconds flat. Travel plans? They're on top of it. Hungry? Here's a plate, grab a fork. Need a pick-me-up? Starbucks run. Collapsing in grief? You're surrounded by love, hugs & kleenex.

Not all families work like this, I realize. But today I am ever so grateful for this motley crew of people who can come together in a moments notice for the sole purpose of loving. It's a beautiful picture of God's love for us and His purpose & plan for our lives.

So today, in the midst of so much pain & sorrow, I give thanks to the LORD for His lovingkindness in giving me this group of folks I call "My Family".

We continue to covet your prayers. There is much to be done here, many decisions still have to be made. If you can, please pray for my brother Jeff now and for many months to come. He has a mountain of grief to climb and the journey has only just begun.

Thank you for your prayers, phone calls & support!

Julianne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The _ _ _ _ _ _ _'s are truely an amazing family.

For days I have been thanking God for such an amazing group of people.

It is awesome to see so many people put their lives on hold to comfort each other.

I love you all so much! I am definitely missing not being able to be there to share tears and laughter. Love to all.

Still praying...

the Schusters said...

I am so glad you are able to be with your family. You are such an encourager and so tender hearted! I know they are so blessed by you! We love you and we're praying for you.

Alana said...

From what I know of your family, I wholeheartedly agree. Good people. I'm thankful you are able to be together to comfort each other.

Janelle said...

Love your family, at least the ones I know.

Still praying for all of you as the days get harder.

The Hunters said...

I hope your time with you family has been good, despite the sad circumstances. Praying for you and looking forward to your return home.
We love you!
So glad you are a blogger now too:)
Shelly