Monday, July 21, 2008

Cooking for the Masses

Today I find myself cooking for a large group of teenagers. It started small, just Austin and a couple of his buddies. They have their largest youth group event of the year this week, it's called HOT SUMMER NITES - they look forward to this like kiddies anticipate Christmas starting on December 26th - it's that big. Anyway, I casually offered to feed the core group and about five hours later, the guest list just keeps growing and growing! Good thing it's a pasta dish and I can just keep adding more carbs. The pieces of chicken are getting smaller and smaller, though! I've found that if you provide enough garlic bread, you can keep them pretty content. That and brownies. Oh, and Kool-Aid. If you can believe that. Kool-Aid? They love it. The more things change, the more they stay the same!

So I'm off to the store for about four loaves of that pre-fab frozen garlic bread. Here's hoping I can fend off this hungry horde. I'll try to take some pictures so those of you with little ones can get an idea of what's ahead in the years to come!

Enjoy your summer day...

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Um.....recipe, please.

Hope you have a blast! You are a cool mom of a TEEN. We have so much to learn from you.